In a post on his official website, actor Ian McKellen confirmed that the long-gestating Hobbit project will begin shooting this July in New Zealand, with two films planned. “Filming will take over a year,” says the announcement, which confirms that McKellen will reprise his role as the wizard Gandalf. “Casting in Los Angeles, New York City and London has started. The script too proceeds. The first draft is crammed with old and new friends, again on a quest in Middle Earth. The director Guillermo del Toro is now living in Wellington, close to the Jacksons’ and the studio in Miramar.”
Posted March 18 2010 — 9:05 AM EDT
- Aaron Sorkin's Silicon Valley
- New York Comic Con attendees fail Jimmy Fallon's pop culture quiz
- James Corden explains what it's like to receive a medal from the Queen
- Stephen Colbert provided some much needed 'Life Hacks' on 'The Late Show'
- See Colbert & Corden sing a spectacular rendition of 'Me and My Shadow'
- Whoopi Goldberg and Jimmy Fallon played Nelly and Jeff Daniels in Pictionary
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication