Another must-see marvel of horror, comedy, and impeccable filmmaking by the Korean director Bong Joon-ho (The Host), Mother features a dementedly devoted mom (Kim Hye-ja) who will stop at nothing — nothing — to clear murder charges against her mentally challenged adult son (Won Bin) in the gruesome death of a schoolgirl. Some background for relishing Kim’s tour de force turn as a monster of maternal love: The star is beloved at home for her portrayals of warm, kind mamas — a Korean Donna Reed. A
HI, MOM! Kim Hye-ja plays a loving Mother (Courtesy of Magnolia Pictures)
Starring: Won Bin, Hye-ja Kim; Director: Joon-ho Bong; Author: Joon-ho Bong; Runtime (in minutes): 129; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 19 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!