Another must-see marvel of horror, comedy, and impeccable filmmaking by the Korean director Bong Joon-ho (The Host), Mother features a dementedly devoted mom (Kim Hye-ja) who will stop at nothing — nothing — to clear murder charges against her mentally challenged adult son (Won Bin) in the gruesome death of a schoolgirl. Some background for relishing Kim’s tour de force turn as a monster of maternal love: The star is beloved at home for her portrayals of warm, kind mamas — a Korean Donna Reed. A
HI, MOM! Kim Hye-ja plays a loving Mother (Courtesy of Magnolia Pictures)
Starring: Won Bin, Hye-ja Kim; Director: Joon-ho Bong; Author: Joon-ho Bong; Runtime (in minutes): 129; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 19 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Snooki debuts 'Yung Mommy' music video
- 'Homeland' elects 'House of Cards' actress as new president
- WATCH: John Krasinski comforts Margo Martindale in 'The Hollars' clip
- 'Elementary': 'True Blood' star to play Sherlock canon character
- New video examines 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- WATCH: A baby shower goes wrong in exclusive 'Killer Party' trailer
- Frightened Rabbit reveal why they don't want to play stadiums
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels