Another must-see marvel of horror, comedy, and impeccable filmmaking by the Korean director Bong Joon-ho (The Host), Mother features a dementedly devoted mom (Kim Hye-ja) who will stop at nothing — nothing — to clear murder charges against her mentally challenged adult son (Won Bin) in the gruesome death of a schoolgirl. Some background for relishing Kim’s tour de force turn as a monster of maternal love: The star is beloved at home for her portrayals of warm, kind mamas — a Korean Donna Reed. A
HI, MOM! Kim Hye-ja plays a loving Mother (Courtesy of Magnolia Pictures)
Starring: Won Bin, Hye-ja Kim; Director: Joon-ho Bong; Author: Joon-ho Bong; Runtime (in minutes): 129; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 19 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Adele's '25' surges past 3 million in sales in the U.S.