In the nip/tuck techno future, a repo man (Jude Law) hunts down the deadbeat owners of mechanical body organs, slicing the ?”artific-orgs” right out of their torsos. Law performs this task with such jaunty good cheer that you’re not quite sure how to react to him. Then he has a (literal) change of heart: He gets a Jarvik implant and becomes one of the hunted. Repo Men, however, just turns into a grisly one-note chase thriller, with Law slaughtering more folks on the run than he ever did as a repo man. C-
BOYS AND THEIR TOYS Jude Law and Forest Whitaker laugh it up in Repo Men (Kerry Hayes)
Starring: Jude Law, Liev Schreiber; Starring: Forest Whitaker; Director: Miguel Sapochnik; Author: Eric Garcia, Garrett Lerner; Release Date Wide: 04/02/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted March 19 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit