According to The Hollywood Reporter, Christian Slater has signed on to star in an untitled Fox comedy pilot from Adam Goldberg about a team that cracks security systems. Slater will produced and play “the charismatic renegade who runs the Titan Team, a gruff ex-military misanthrope with a checkered past.” If it goes to series, it would be his third in three years after the short-lived My Own Worst Enemy and the faltering The Forgotten. The difference, of course, is that this latest one’s a comedy. I have to say, I much prefer my Slater light — witness his turns in My Name Is Earl, The Office, and Curb Your Enthusiasm — so I’ll be more likely to give this one a whirl than either Forgotten or Enemy. What say you: Is this a good move for him? Do you like your Slater serious or seriously funny?Give him points for persistence, I say.
Posted March 22 2010 — 2:00 PM EDT
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young talks Fitz and Olivia's now-public affair
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC