According to The Hollywood Reporter, Christian Slater has signed on to star in an untitled Fox comedy pilot from Adam Goldberg about a team that cracks security systems. Slater will produced and play “the charismatic renegade who runs the Titan Team, a gruff ex-military misanthrope with a checkered past.” If it goes to series, it would be his third in three years after the short-lived My Own Worst Enemy and the faltering The Forgotten. The difference, of course, is that this latest one’s a comedy. I have to say, I much prefer my Slater light — witness his turns in My Name Is Earl, The Office, and Curb Your Enthusiasm — so I’ll be more likely to give this one a whirl than either Forgotten or Enemy. What say you: Is this a good move for him? Do you like your Slater serious or seriously funny?Give him points for persistence, I say.
Posted January 18 2015 — 9:47 AM EST
- Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally cancel Indiana show in response to Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- 'The Flash': THAT unmasked man on shocking Reverse Flash twist
- Mark Wahlberg to produce Boston Marathon bombing movie 'Patriots' Day'
- 'American Idol' alum Justin Guarini on how he became Diet Dr. Pepper’s Lil' Sweet
- Scott Weiland on his new album Blaster and the power of David Bowie
- 'Wolf Creek' filmmaker to direct James Gunn-scripted 'The Belco Experiment'
- Netflix orders season 2 of 'Bloodline'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!