According to The Hollywood Reporter, Christian Slater has signed on to star in an untitled Fox comedy pilot from Adam Goldberg about a team that cracks security systems. Slater will produced and play “the charismatic renegade who runs the Titan Team, a gruff ex-military misanthrope with a checkered past.” If it goes to series, it would be his third in three years after the short-lived My Own Worst Enemy and the faltering The Forgotten. The difference, of course, is that this latest one’s a comedy. I have to say, I much prefer my Slater light — witness his turns in My Name Is Earl, The Office, and Curb Your Enthusiasm — so I’ll be more likely to give this one a whirl than either Forgotten or Enemy. What say you: Is this a good move for him? Do you like your Slater serious or seriously funny?Give him points for persistence, I say.
Posted March 22 2010 — 2:00 PM EDT
- What's new on Netflix in September
- Zac Efron shares heartfelt tribute to his late dog, Puppy
- 'Veep' star Tony Hale has advice for Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine
- Ranking every song on Pearl Jam's 'Ten'
- Barbra Streisand and Jimmy Fallon yell at Siri
- Young Thug name checks Harambe, Kanye West in first project as Jeffery
- Kerry Washington sees the horror in group texts