According to The Hollywood Reporter, Christian Slater has signed on to star in an untitled Fox comedy pilot from Adam Goldberg about a team that cracks security systems. Slater will produced and play “the charismatic renegade who runs the Titan Team, a gruff ex-military misanthrope with a checkered past.” If it goes to series, it would be his third in three years after the short-lived My Own Worst Enemy and the faltering The Forgotten. The difference, of course, is that this latest one’s a comedy. I have to say, I much prefer my Slater light — witness his turns in My Name Is Earl, The Office, and Curb Your Enthusiasm — so I’ll be more likely to give this one a whirl than either Forgotten or Enemy. What say you: Is this a good move for him? Do you like your Slater serious or seriously funny?Give him points for persistence, I say.
Posted March 22 2010 — 2:00 PM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!