According to The Hollywood Reporter, Christian Slater has signed on to star in an untitled Fox comedy pilot from Adam Goldberg about a team that cracks security systems. Slater will produced and play “the charismatic renegade who runs the Titan Team, a gruff ex-military misanthrope with a checkered past.” If it goes to series, it would be his third in three years after the short-lived My Own Worst Enemy and the faltering The Forgotten. The difference, of course, is that this latest one’s a comedy. I have to say, I much prefer my Slater light — witness his turns in My Name Is Earl, The Office, and Curb Your Enthusiasm — so I’ll be more likely to give this one a whirl than either Forgotten or Enemy. What say you: Is this a good move for him? Do you like your Slater serious or seriously funny?Give him points for persistence, I say.
Posted March 22 2010 — 2:00 PM EDT
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on Team Street's best exit
- 'Daily Show with Trevor Noah' promo previews a few changes with new host
- See T-Pain sing the national anthem at a Dodgers game
- Sam Smith loves Hozier's cover of 'Lay Me Down'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!