According to The Hollywood Reporter, Christian Slater has signed on to star in an untitled Fox comedy pilot from Adam Goldberg about a team that cracks security systems. Slater will produced and play “the charismatic renegade who runs the Titan Team, a gruff ex-military misanthrope with a checkered past.” If it goes to series, it would be his third in three years after the short-lived My Own Worst Enemy and the faltering The Forgotten. The difference, of course, is that this latest one’s a comedy. I have to say, I much prefer my Slater light — witness his turns in My Name Is Earl, The Office, and Curb Your Enthusiasm — so I’ll be more likely to give this one a whirl than either Forgotten or Enemy. What say you: Is this a good move for him? Do you like your Slater serious or seriously funny?Give him points for persistence, I say.
Posted March 22 2010 — 2:00 PM EDT
- Box office preview: 'San Andreas' to rock the box office
- Joan Rivers exhibit coming to the Grammy Museum
- A.R. Gurney's dog-friendly 'Sylvia' headed to Broadway
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Ruth Ware's 'In a Dark, Dark Wood'
- Woman covers Eminem's 'Lose Yourself' in sign language
- First Look: NBA star Muggsy Bogues cameos on 'Royal Pains'
- Funny or Die parodies the Duggars in new sketch