According to The Hollywood Reporter, Christian Slater has signed on to star in an untitled Fox comedy pilot from Adam Goldberg about a team that cracks security systems. Slater will produced and play “the charismatic renegade who runs the Titan Team, a gruff ex-military misanthrope with a checkered past.” If it goes to series, it would be his third in three years after the short-lived My Own Worst Enemy and the faltering The Forgotten. The difference, of course, is that this latest one’s a comedy. I have to say, I much prefer my Slater light — witness his turns in My Name Is Earl, The Office, and Curb Your Enthusiasm — so I’ll be more likely to give this one a whirl than either Forgotten or Enemy. What say you: Is this a good move for him? Do you like your Slater serious or seriously funny?Give him points for persistence, I say.
Posted March 22 2010 — 2:00 PM EDT
- Heroes: Reborn unveils new H.R.G. art
- How Rachel Platten fought her way to the top with 'Fight Song'
- Hear the Grateful Dead shred on a 1981 version of 'Shakedown Street'
- Paul Feig shares first look at new 'Ghostbusters' proton pack
- A 'Back to the Future' remake? Over Robert Zemeckis's dead body.
- Jon Stewart takes on criticism against Supreme Court marriage equality decision
- Vanessa Bayer nails an impression of this 'Friends' character