According to The Hollywood Reporter, Christian Slater has signed on to star in an untitled Fox comedy pilot from Adam Goldberg about a team that cracks security systems. Slater will produced and play “the charismatic renegade who runs the Titan Team, a gruff ex-military misanthrope with a checkered past.” If it goes to series, it would be his third in three years after the short-lived My Own Worst Enemy and the faltering The Forgotten. The difference, of course, is that this latest one’s a comedy. I have to say, I much prefer my Slater light — witness his turns in My Name Is Earl, The Office, and Curb Your Enthusiasm — so I’ll be more likely to give this one a whirl than either Forgotten or Enemy. What say you: Is this a good move for him? Do you like your Slater serious or seriously funny?Give him points for persistence, I say.
Posted January 18 2015 — 9:47 AM EST
- 2015 Tony Nominations: Watch the nominations live here
- Casting Net: 'TMNT 2' adds Brian Tee as bad guy Shredder
- 'Osbournes' won't reboot at VH1
- 'Chicago Fire/PD,' 'SVU' bosses on fatal crossover event
- Viola Davis will play Harriet Tubman in HBO movie
- Indie director Adam Wingard to tackle 'Death Note'
- Behold, Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' poster revealed