The Hollywood Reporter’s Live Feed is reporting that Conan O’Brien was approached to appear on the special American Idol episode, “Idol Gives Back” on April 21. Though it would appear O’Brien can’t accept given his settlement terms with NBC that prohibit him from making any TV appearances before May 1, the offer is still an intriguing development in the ongoing talks with Fox about a potential late-night show for O’Brien on the network. O’Brien’s 30-city comedy tour—called the “Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour” — begins on April 12 in Eugene, Ore.
Posted March 22 2010 — 5:53 AM EDT
- Pioneering stand-up comedian Adrianne Tolsch dies at 78
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Hairspray Live!' performance had celebs cheering
- Relive 'Hairspray Live!' with all the best GIFs
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- The Weeknd will perform on 'The Voice' season finale
- 'Jeopardy!' contestant dies from cancer week before her episode airs
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot