O.C. and Gossip Girl creative forces Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage are forming their own production company called Fake Empire to be based at Warner Bros. TV, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Schwartz’s College Hill Prods. will be folded into the new enterprise in a multi-year deal. The two met when McG’s Wonderland Sound and Vision, which Savage ran at the time, co-produced Schwartz’s first television creation, The O.C. Savage made her writing debut on the show and went on to become an executive producer. The two then teamed up to adapt the Gossip Girl book series for The CW. The new venture will focus on television projects but may also produce features, online series, music, and books.
Posted March 23 2010 — 10:29 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert meets Mitt Romney in new 'Late Show' promo
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!