O.C. and Gossip Girl creative forces Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage are forming their own production company called Fake Empire to be based at Warner Bros. TV, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Schwartz’s College Hill Prods. will be folded into the new enterprise in a multi-year deal. The two met when McG’s Wonderland Sound and Vision, which Savage ran at the time, co-produced Schwartz’s first television creation, The O.C. Savage made her writing debut on the show and went on to become an executive producer. The two then teamed up to adapt the Gossip Girl book series for The CW. The new venture will focus on television projects but may also produce features, online series, music, and books.
Posted March 23 2010 — 10:29 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt