Zoe Kazan is utterly lovely as Ivy, a ?college girl home for the summer, staying at her mom’s New York City apartment and drifting through her days in The Exploding Girl. Nothing much happens on the outside in this soft, sweet sketch of a drama by Bradley Rust Gray — Ivy hangs out with her friend Al (Mark Rendall), talks on her cell phone with her boyfriend, manages her epilepsy. But Gray has an artful, understated way of conveying what’s going ?on inside, often simply by focusing his camera on Kazan. And the actress has a unique capacity for projecting the complexity of feminine stillness. B+
QUIET STORM Zoe Kazan in The Exploding Girl
Posted March 24 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert thinks 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' sounds depressing
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996