Adam Markovitz
March 26, 2010 AT 04:00 AM EDT

Fans awaiting the Lord of the Rings prequel got a false alarm last week when star Ian McKellen’s website said filming would begin in July. McKellen’s rep says the post was old, and New Line confirms that it has ”not set a start date as of yet.” The hold-up? The Hobbit’s writers (including LOTR director Peter Jackson and Hobbit helmer Guillermo del Toro) aren’t done scripting the last chapter of the two-part saga. So guys, if you’re reading this — get back to work!

You May Like

Comments

EDIT POST