A smart, scary, spine-tinglingly matter-of-fact ghost story. In the Irish village of Cobh, Michael (Ciarén Hinds), a lonely widowed father, volunteers his services at the local literary festival. There, he plays on-call driver to two visiting writers: a drunken, egomaniacal celebrity novelist (Aidan Quinn) and a gentle, comely author of paranormal fiction (Iben Hjejle). There’s a love triangle, as well as a ghost that will make you jump (seriously). But what holds The Eclipse together is Hinds’ sorrowful and moving performance as a man haunted in more ways than one. B+
THRILLER Aidan Quinn and Iben Hjejle play authors in this smart, scary, spine-tinglingly matter-of-fact ghost story.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ciaran Hinds, Aidan Quinn; Director: Conor McPherson; Author: Conor McPherson; Release Date Limited: 03/26/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 86; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 31 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Secrets of BB-8: An EW 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' video
- 'Arrow' star David Ramsey shares his theories on who's in the grave
- Everything you need to know about Apollo Creed before seeing 'Creed'
- Rosie O'Donnell calls Donald Trump's campaign 'a nightmare'
- Vine star thanks little boy who stood up to her catcaller
- The new 'Men in Black' movie will have a woman in black
- Bindi Irwin hopes father Steve would be proud of her 'DWTS' win
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year