Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston has been tapped to join Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts in the upcoming dramedy Larry Crowne, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Hanks will direct the film, based on a screenplay he wrote with My Big Fat Greek Wedding star Nia Vardalos, about a downsized worker (Hanks) who enrolls in college. Cranston will plays the husband of Roberts’ character, a professor. Cranston’s involvement in the project was first rumored on March 26 when Hanks posted a photo of 17 headshots (including Roberts, Cranston, and Cedric the Entertainer) on his Twitter account with the caption “The Larry Crowne Casting Wall (incomplete). Hanx.”
Posted April 1 2010 — 5:35 AM EDT
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters