Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston has been tapped to join Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts in the upcoming dramedy Larry Crowne, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Hanks will direct the film, based on a screenplay he wrote with My Big Fat Greek Wedding star Nia Vardalos, about a downsized worker (Hanks) who enrolls in college. Cranston will plays the husband of Roberts’ character, a professor. Cranston’s involvement in the project was first rumored on March 26 when Hanks posted a photo of 17 headshots (including Roberts, Cranston, and Cedric the Entertainer) on his Twitter account with the caption “The Larry Crowne Casting Wall (incomplete). Hanx.”
Posted April 1 2010 — 5:35 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters