Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston has been tapped to join Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts in the upcoming dramedy Larry Crowne, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Hanks will direct the film, based on a screenplay he wrote with My Big Fat Greek Wedding star Nia Vardalos, about a downsized worker (Hanks) who enrolls in college. Cranston will plays the husband of Roberts’ character, a professor. Cranston’s involvement in the project was first rumored on March 26 when Hanks posted a photo of 17 headshots (including Roberts, Cranston, and Cedric the Entertainer) on his Twitter account with the caption “The Larry Crowne Casting Wall (incomplete). Hanx.”
Posted April 1 2010 — 5:35 AM EDT
- Read your way through New Orleans
- The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15
- Extreme Fan Club with Chris Pratt -- exclusive video
- EW's definitive ranking of the top 10 'Pac-Man' ghosts
- Funeral for slain New York rapper will be held next week
- What to binge-watch: Memorial Day marathon edition
- Pac-Man turns 35: Looking back on three-plus decades of video games, pop culture, and cereal
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!