Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston has been tapped to join Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts in the upcoming dramedy Larry Crowne, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Hanks will direct the film, based on a screenplay he wrote with My Big Fat Greek Wedding star Nia Vardalos, about a downsized worker (Hanks) who enrolls in college. Cranston will plays the husband of Roberts’ character, a professor. Cranston’s involvement in the project was first rumored on March 26 when Hanks posted a photo of 17 headshots (including Roberts, Cranston, and Cedric the Entertainer) on his Twitter account with the caption “The Larry Crowne Casting Wall (incomplete). Hanx.”
Posted April 1 2010 — 5:35 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!