Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston has been tapped to join Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts in the upcoming dramedy Larry Crowne, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Hanks will direct the film, based on a screenplay he wrote with My Big Fat Greek Wedding star Nia Vardalos, about a downsized worker (Hanks) who enrolls in college. Cranston will plays the husband of Roberts’ character, a professor. Cranston’s involvement in the project was first rumored on March 26 when Hanks posted a photo of 17 headshots (including Roberts, Cranston, and Cedric the Entertainer) on his Twitter account with the caption “The Larry Crowne Casting Wall (incomplete). Hanx.”
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Watch Daft Punk's ode to Nile Rodgers from new documentary
- Jason Reitman hosting 'Mad Men' live read, finale screening
- Hear Barenaked Ladies' '90s alt-ballad 'Say What You Want'
- 'The Originals' star: Season 2 finale sets up 'a whole new show'
- Jenny Slate, Ari Graynor to star in FX road-trip comedy fro 'Obvious Child' team'
- D'Angelo announces U.S. dates for Second Coming tour
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner John Logan teases season 2's 'ferocious enemy'