The Reader director Stephen Daldry will helm Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, the film adaptation of Jonathan Safran Foer’s 9/11-centric novel, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film, which will be produced by Scott Rudin and released by Paramount and Warner Bros., follows a nine-year-old boy who searches NYC for a lock that matches a key left behind by his father, a victim of the 9/11 attacks. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button scribe Eric Roth will pen the screenplay.
Posted April 1 2010 — 3:36 PM EDT
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- Get a sneak peek at this week's 'RWBY': Exclusive clip
- 'Return of the Living Dead' star Don Calfa dies at 76
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big