Guest star extraordinaire Sharon Lawrence (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Community, Drop Dead Diva, Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives) gets a series-regular role on Josh Schwartz’s CBS comedy pilot Hitched. (Not that she hasn’t been a great series regular, too, but it’s been a while since her NYPD Blue days.) The pilot centers on the tribulations of a newly married couple played by Kristin Kreuk (Smallville, Chuck) and Jason Carpenter. With Lawrence playing Kreuk’s nosy mom and Eugene Levy as Carpenter’s ladies’-man father – plus Schwartz’s knack for wit – this is one pilot that’s shaping up with a lot of potential. Of course, that could put the show in CBS’ vaunted Monday night comedy lineup, as it seems the perfect companion to How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory, but that – as commenters pointed out the last time I wrote about this – could put Schwartz in competition with himself since NBC’s got Chuck and The CW’s got Gossip Girl on the same night. Oh, and another thing: Commenters were also right that Schwartz should find a place for Melinda Clarke somewhere here. That lady needs to be in a comedy! Maybe as Levy’s newest wife? How awesome would that team be?
Posted April 6 2010 — 10:30 AM EDT
- Jimmy Kimmel's Christmas Wall could get you through the holidays
- John Krasinski to narrate Disney nature film 'Born in China'
- 'Fresh Off the Boat': Rich Blomquist praises the casting, condemns Tamagotchis
- Why Chris Pratt retired his go-to karaoke song
- Meyers' writers take on black Santa in Jokes Seth Can't Tell segment
- Donald Trump is TIME's Person of the Year
- Ryan Adams announces new album and releases first song
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem