A methodical mortician (Liam Neeson) prepares the body of a young woman (Christina Ricci) for her funeral. But is she dead or, you know, just resting, Monty Python Parrot Sketch-style? Agnieszka Wojtowicz-Vosloo’s precious, heavily art directed meditation on the nether space between the living and the dead requires Neeson to stare coldly and talk to corpses, but Ricci has the greater dramatic challenge: She has to operate, unfazed, in close-up nakedness much of the time, while the camera practically licks her pale skin. Justin Long’s one-note assignment, meanwhile, is to gnash teeth as her heartbroken boyfriend. C?
DEAD OR ALIVE Liam Neeson and Christina Ricci star in After.Life. (Anchor Bay Films)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Justin Long, Liam Neeson, Christina Ricci; Release Date Wide: 04/09/2010; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Entertainment
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage spotlight: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!