A methodical mortician (Liam Neeson) prepares the body of a young woman (Christina Ricci) for her funeral. But is she dead or, you know, just resting, Monty Python Parrot Sketch-style? Agnieszka Wojtowicz-Vosloo’s precious, heavily art directed meditation on the nether space between the living and the dead requires Neeson to stare coldly and talk to corpses, but Ricci has the greater dramatic challenge: She has to operate, unfazed, in close-up nakedness much of the time, while the camera practically licks her pale skin. Justin Long’s one-note assignment, meanwhile, is to gnash teeth as her heartbroken boyfriend. C?
DEAD OR ALIVE Liam Neeson and Christina Ricci star in After.Life. (Anchor Bay Films)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Justin Long, Liam Neeson, Christina Ricci; Release Date Wide: 04/09/2010; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Entertainment
Posted April 7 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Meghan Trainor drawn as a 'Peanuts' character
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!