A methodical mortician (Liam Neeson) prepares the body of a young woman (Christina Ricci) for her funeral. But is she dead or, you know, just resting, Monty Python Parrot Sketch-style? Agnieszka Wojtowicz-Vosloo’s precious, heavily art directed meditation on the nether space between the living and the dead requires Neeson to stare coldly and talk to corpses, but Ricci has the greater dramatic challenge: She has to operate, unfazed, in close-up nakedness much of the time, while the camera practically licks her pale skin. Justin Long’s one-note assignment, meanwhile, is to gnash teeth as her heartbroken boyfriend. C?
DEAD OR ALIVE Liam Neeson and Christina Ricci star in After.Life. (Anchor Bay Films)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Justin Long, Liam Neeson, Christina Ricci; Release Date Wide: 04/09/2010; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Entertainment
Posted April 7 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Wahlberg's 'Patriots Day' to close AFI Fest
- Bill Murray shares adorable childhood photo proving his Chicago Cubs fandom
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'