A methodical mortician (Liam Neeson) prepares the body of a young woman (Christina Ricci) for her funeral. But is she dead or, you know, just resting, Monty Python Parrot Sketch-style? Agnieszka Wojtowicz-Vosloo’s precious, heavily art directed meditation on the nether space between the living and the dead requires Neeson to stare coldly and talk to corpses, but Ricci has the greater dramatic challenge: She has to operate, unfazed, in close-up nakedness much of the time, while the camera practically licks her pale skin. Justin Long’s one-note assignment, meanwhile, is to gnash teeth as her heartbroken boyfriend. C?
DEAD OR ALIVE Liam Neeson and Christina Ricci star in After.Life. (Anchor Bay Films)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Justin Long, Liam Neeson, Christina Ricci; Release Date Wide: 04/09/2010; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Entertainment
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More