A methodical mortician (Liam Neeson) prepares the body of a young woman (Christina Ricci) for her funeral. But is she dead or, you know, just resting, Monty Python Parrot Sketch-style? Agnieszka Wojtowicz-Vosloo’s precious, heavily art directed meditation on the nether space between the living and the dead requires Neeson to stare coldly and talk to corpses, but Ricci has the greater dramatic challenge: She has to operate, unfazed, in close-up nakedness much of the time, while the camera practically licks her pale skin. Justin Long’s one-note assignment, meanwhile, is to gnash teeth as her heartbroken boyfriend. C?
DEAD OR ALIVE Liam Neeson and Christina Ricci star in After.Life. (Anchor Bay Films)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Justin Long, Liam Neeson, Christina Ricci; Release Date Wide: 04/09/2010; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Anchor Bay Entertainment
Posted April 7 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit