Once you’ve written about giant sea monsters and flying ponies, it’s got to be tough writing about anything else. But Clash of the Titans screenwriters Matt Manfredi and Phil Hay have already moved way beyond Grecian formula, even as Clash continues to rake in drachmas – $125 million worldwide so far. “We just finished an adaptation of the graphic novel The Boys,” says Manfredi. “It’s about a team of regular people whose job is to police superheroes, who in this world are completely decadent.” That project is still looking for a director, but the guys who penned Liam Neeson’s immortal line “Release the Kraken!” are also working on a comedy for Todd Phillips, the auteur behind The Hangover. “It’s called Staycation, and it’s going to be hilarious,” promises Hay.
Posted April 8 2010 — 6:43 PM EDT
- 'Logan' screens extended preview, early reactions praise gritty tone
- WATCH: Bobby Moynihan, Judah Friedlander, Sasheer Zamata honor trees
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, Rob Lowe, more pay tribute to John Glenn on Twitter
- Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine documentary series is coming to HBO
- Then and now memes capture the trials of 2016
- Craig Robinson jams to some a cappella Ludacris on 'Caraoke Showdown'
- John Glenn, astronaut and former senator, dies at 95
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes