The trailer for Scott Pilgrim vs. the World has been released. Michael Cera stars as a charming slacker, a bass guitarist for a garage band, who meets the girl of his dreams, Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead). To win her, he must defeat her seven evil exes: ”A nefarious league of exes controls her love life and will do whatever it takes to eliminate him as a suitor.” Skateboarders, vegan rock stars, identical twins — this adaptation of Bryan Lee O’Malley’s Scott Pilgrim graphic novels has everything, including Chris Evans, Brandon Routh, and Oscar nominee Anna Kendrick. It’s cowritten and directed by Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead), who does a nice fakeout in the trailer making it look like a classic indie love story before Cera starts getting his ass kicked, then [extreme closeup] fights back.
Posted April 8 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Donald Trump is TIME's Person of the Year
- Ryan Adams announces new album and releases first song
- Donald Trump explains 'SNL' hate: 'It's a terrible show'
- Hold onto your suitcase! Unlocking 'Fantastic Beasts' theories
- What to Watch Wednesday: 'Shut Eye' debuts on Hulu
- Chris Pratt and Jimmy Fallon do a Christmas-themed Mad Libs
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans