has up a report that CNN’s Anderson Cooper is going to try out a live studio audience for two specials that could eventually lead to a new talk show. The news comes on the heels of The Hollywood Reporterrecent reports that CNN’s prime-time audience has dropped by almost half since last year, with Cooper’s own 10 p.m. show’s ratings falling by 42 percent in the last quarter. Those stats, predictably, led to a flurry of articles and advice from various outlets about what the network should and shouldn’t be doing. I’ll wait to see the specials before I decide if this is a good move for Cooper, but I do appreciate the attempt to better showcase his talents. He has always offered an intriguing mix of celebrity and journalistic grit, and I feel like he’s the type of media figure people want to see succeed even if they’re not watching his show regularly. What do you think: Could a talk show shake things up for him?
Posted April 9 2010 — 6:30 PM EDT
- 'Survivor': Jeff Probst explains what makes this season so different
- Carpool Karaoke confession: Madonna made out with Michael Jackson
- Pioneering stand-up comedian Adrianne Tolsch dies at 78
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Hairspray Live!' performance had celebs cheering
- Relive 'Hairspray Live!' with all the best GIFs
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot