The conceit of the unsubtle anti-consumerist satire The Joneses is fun until the plot turns maudlin: With all their fancy stuff, the Joneses are the family their striving neighbors want to keep up with. That’s good for the Joneses; they’re stealth marketers. David Duchovny and Demi Moore are well accessorized as display-model husband and wife. But this cautionary tale might be easier to swallow if all that stuff didn’t look like it came from a Sky Mall catalog. C+
I WAS MADE TO LOVE HER David Duchovny and Demi Moore play fake spouses in The Joneses (Gene Page)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: David Duchovny, Demi Moore, Gary Cole, Amber Heard; Director: Derrick Borte; Author: Derrick Borte; Release Date Wide: 04/16/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted April 15 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations