The conceit of the unsubtle anti-consumerist satire The Joneses is fun until the plot turns maudlin: With all their fancy stuff, the Joneses are the family their striving neighbors want to keep up with. That’s good for the Joneses; they’re stealth marketers. David Duchovny and Demi Moore are well accessorized as display-model husband and wife. But this cautionary tale might be easier to swallow if all that stuff didn’t look like it came from a Sky Mall catalog. C+
I WAS MADE TO LOVE HER David Duchovny and Demi Moore play fake spouses in The Joneses (Gene Page)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: David Duchovny, Demi Moore, Gary Cole, Amber Heard; Director: Derrick Borte; Author: Derrick Borte; Release Date Wide: 04/16/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted April 15 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jack White's Dead Weather returns with new album
- Henry Cavill: ‘Batman v Superman' an 'expansion' of 'Man of Steel' world
- Inside Amazon's edgy romantic comedy 'Catastrophe'
- Chris Tucker's Netflix stand-up special: Watch new trailer
- 'Legend of Korra' creator previews new 'Threadworlds'
- Patton Oswalt, Paul Reubens and more star in Telltale Games' 'Minecraft: Story Mode'
- Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher married
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!