The conceit of the unsubtle anti-consumerist satire The Joneses is fun until the plot turns maudlin: With all their fancy stuff, the Joneses are the family their striving neighbors want to keep up with. That’s good for the Joneses; they’re stealth marketers. David Duchovny and Demi Moore are well accessorized as display-model husband and wife. But this cautionary tale might be easier to swallow if all that stuff didn’t look like it came from a Sky Mall catalog. C+
I WAS MADE TO LOVE HER David Duchovny and Demi Moore play fake spouses in The Joneses (Gene Page)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: David Duchovny, Demi Moore, Gary Cole, Amber Heard; Director: Derrick Borte; Author: Derrick Borte; Release Date Wide: 04/16/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!