The conceit of the unsubtle anti-consumerist satire The Joneses is fun until the plot turns maudlin: With all their fancy stuff, the Joneses are the family their striving neighbors want to keep up with. That’s good for the Joneses; they’re stealth marketers. David Duchovny and Demi Moore are well accessorized as display-model husband and wife. But this cautionary tale might be easier to swallow if all that stuff didn’t look like it came from a Sky Mall catalog. C+
I WAS MADE TO LOVE HER David Duchovny and Demi Moore play fake spouses in The Joneses (Gene Page)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: David Duchovny, Demi Moore, Gary Cole, Amber Heard; Director: Derrick Borte; Author: Derrick Borte; Release Date Wide: 04/16/2010; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted April 15 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters