The conceit of the unsubtle anti-consumerist satire The Joneses is fun until the plot turns maudlin: With all their fancy stuff, the Joneses are the family their striving neighbors want to keep up with. That’s good for the Joneses; they’re stealth marketers. David Duchovny and Demi Moore are well accessorized as display-model husband and wife. But this cautionary tale might be easier to swallow if all that stuff didn’t look like it came from a Sky Mall catalog. C+
I WAS MADE TO LOVE HER David Duchovny and Demi Moore play fake spouses in The Joneses (Gene Page)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: David Duchovny, Demi Moore, Gary Cole, Amber Heard; Director: Derrick Borte; Author: Derrick Borte; Release Date Wide: 04/16/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted April 15 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Angelina Jolie in talks to star in war drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Pitch': A radio caller thought Ginny Baker was a real baseball player
- 'Timeless' showrunners say TV has become too 'dark'
- 5 key tracks on the 'American Honey' soundtrack
- Intense trailer for 'Evolution' features a disturbing discovery
- 'Elementary' boss previews new threats in season 6
- Inside the strange storytelling factory of Tahereh Mafi and Ransom Riggs