Forbidden to perform their indie rock in Iran, a young female singer and her musician boyfriend prowl Tehran looking for bandmates and making plans to escape to Europe in No One Knows About Persian Cats. Director Bahman Ghobadi (Turtles Can Fly) shot his faux documentary in secret, and the close-to-the-ground style compensates for the tenuous narrative structure by capturing the energy and variety of Tehran’s music scene in all its bravery. (Available on cable via on demand) A-
IRAN SO FAR Negar Shaghi and Ashkan Koshanejad have a song to sing No One Knows About Persian Cats (Mijfilm)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Negar Shaghaghi; Director: Bahman Ghobadi; Author: Bahman Ghobadi, Hossein Mortezaeiyan, Roxana Saberi; Release Date Limited: 04/16/2010
Posted April 15 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Fuller House': Candace Cameron Bure, NKOTB star recreate adorable photo
- Lifetime making Britney Spears biopic
- Delta to stop airing Chris Rock special containing anti-gay slur
- Donald Trump slams famous Hillary supporters as 'not hot anymore'
- 'Stranger Things' and 'Parks & Rec': Jean-Ralphio is Steve's son, star says
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars': Three queens spill the tea on season 2 twist
- 'Mr. Robot': When a big twist isn't really a twist at all
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...