Forbidden to perform their indie rock in Iran, a young female singer and her musician boyfriend prowl Tehran looking for bandmates and making plans to escape to Europe in No One Knows About Persian Cats. Director Bahman Ghobadi (Turtles Can Fly) shot his faux documentary in secret, and the close-to-the-ground style compensates for the tenuous narrative structure by capturing the energy and variety of Tehran’s music scene in all its bravery. (Available on cable via on demand) A-
IRAN SO FAR Negar Shaghi and Ashkan Koshanejad have a song to sing No One Knows About Persian Cats (Mijfilm)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Negar Shaghaghi; Director: Bahman Ghobadi; Author: Bahman Ghobadi, Hossein Mortezaeiyan, Roxana Saberi; Release Date Limited: 04/16/2010
Posted April 15 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday