The Saturday premiere of the Doctor Who reboot set a ratings record for BBC America, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Its 1.2 million viewers made it the network’s most-watched show ever, breaking the previous record of 1 million viewers for the Jan. 2 broadcast of Dr. Who: The End of Time. The new Dr. Who features a new title character, played by Matt Smith, and a new showrunner, Steven Moffat. (Related: ‘Doctor Who’ recap: Matt Smith brings more than a bowtie to the reinvented title character!)
Posted April 20 2010 — 10:17 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters