The Saturday premiere of the Doctor Who reboot set a ratings record for BBC America, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Its 1.2 million viewers made it the network’s most-watched show ever, breaking the previous record of 1 million viewers for the Jan. 2 broadcast of Dr. Who: The End of Time. The new Dr. Who features a new title character, played by Matt Smith, and a new showrunner, Steven Moffat. (Related: ‘Doctor Who’ recap: Matt Smith brings more than a bowtie to the reinvented title character!)
Posted April 20 2010 — 10:17 AM EDT
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- How Patricia Arquette went from almost becoming a midwife to winning an Oscar
- Amazon's 'Mozart in the Jungle': See the exclusive season 2 trailer
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' gets its very own ice cream flavors
- Patton Oswalt joins new 'Mystery Science Theater 3000'
- 'Spotlight' team takes a bow at Gotham Awards
- 'Star Wars Battlefront': 'Battle of Jakku' content available today for pre-order players