The Saturday premiere of the Doctor Who reboot set a ratings record for BBC America, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Its 1.2 million viewers made it the network’s most-watched show ever, breaking the previous record of 1 million viewers for the Jan. 2 broadcast of Dr. Who: The End of Time. The new Dr. Who features a new title character, played by Matt Smith, and a new showrunner, Steven Moffat. (Related: ‘Doctor Who’ recap: Matt Smith brings more than a bowtie to the reinvented title character!)
Posted April 20 2010 — 10:17 AM EDT
- ABC reviving 'To Tell The Truth'
- Robert Downey Jr., Paul Thomas Anderson nearing 'Pinocchio' remake deal
- Michael Keaton, J.K. Simmons depart 'Kong: Skull Island'
- Spring Awakening returning to Broadway—in sign language
- NBC cancels 'American Odyssey'
- 'Star Trek' documentary chronicles the casting of Captain Picard — exclusive clip
- Channing Tatum channels Madonna, shows off 7 dance moves in 30 seconds
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!