A California court rejected Roman Polanski’s latest appeal, which requested that his case be viewed by a special counsel or he be sentenced in absentia. The director has been living under house arrest in Switzerland, after being arrested last September for unlawful sexual intercourse with a 13-year-old model back in 1977. The Associated Press reports that the Swiss Justice Ministry had been waiting for the California decision before ruling if and when Polanski would be extradited back to the United States to face sentencing. U.S. prosecutors say the French-born Oscar-winner could spend up to two years in prison.
Posted April 23 2010 — 9:02 AM EDT
- Cheryl Lynn and Anita Baker might be feuding
- Keke Palmer nabs 'Grease: Live' role
- Frankie Grande announces summer tour
- Demi Lovato helps launch new mental health campaign
- Watching 'Game of Thrones' just got even easier
- Aziz Ansari explains upcoming book Modern Romance in 'nice huge Twitter rant'
- 'The Bachelor': Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff call it quits