following a brain hemorrhage, has suffered a setback in his condition, according to his official website. Tests indicate that, as a side effect of the bleeding in his brain, Michaels is suffering from hyponatremia, an abnormally low level of sodium in the body fluids, which can lead to seizures. Michaels remains in critical but stable condition and is continuing to undergo tests. “With further testing and rehabilitation, [doctors] are hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months,” says the latest statement posted to Michaels’ website. “Michaels remains under 24-hour observation in the ICU and is in positive spirits. He is responding well to tests and treatments. Even though today was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday.”Rocker Bret Michaels, who has been hospitalized since Thursday
Posted April 27 2010 — 7:50 PM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!