Bret Michaels is on the road to recovery after suffering a massive brain hemorrhage last week, and the 47-year-old singer may be well enough to resume his tour in late May, according to a statement posted Wednesday on his website. “While additional studies are planned throughout the week to hopefully detect the exact cause of the rupture, Bret will remain monitored closely by his medical team to make sure no further complications occur,” read the statement. “He is responding well to tests and treatments. Even though yesterday was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday.” The Poison frontman and solo artist – who’s currently recuperating at an undisclosed hospital – is slated to return to his “Roses & Thorns” tour starting May 26 in Ft. Smith, Arkansas, “provided there are not further complications or setbacks,” according to the statement. Dates canceled as a result of his hospitalization are currently being rescheduled. Michaels, who starred in the VH1 reality series Rock of Love, is also a contestant this season on The Celebrity Apprentice. With the exception of the live finale on May 23, the rest of Apprentice’s season has already been shot.
Posted April 29 2010 — 3:20 AM EDT
- 'SNL' with Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes is on: Talk about it here
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!