Bret Michaels is on the road to recovery after suffering a massive brain hemorrhage last week, and the 47-year-old singer may be well enough to resume his tour in late May, according to a statement posted Wednesday on his website. “While additional studies are planned throughout the week to hopefully detect the exact cause of the rupture, Bret will remain monitored closely by his medical team to make sure no further complications occur,” read the statement. “He is responding well to tests and treatments. Even though yesterday was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday.” The Poison frontman and solo artist – who’s currently recuperating at an undisclosed hospital – is slated to return to his “Roses & Thorns” tour starting May 26 in Ft. Smith, Arkansas, “provided there are not further complications or setbacks,” according to the statement. Dates canceled as a result of his hospitalization are currently being rescheduled. Michaels, who starred in the VH1 reality series Rock of Love, is also a contestant this season on The Celebrity Apprentice. With the exception of the live finale on May 23, the rest of Apprentice’s season has already been shot.
Posted April 29 2010 — 3:20 AM EDT
- Beyoncé used New Orleans documentary footage 'with permission' in new 'Formation' video: rep
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors