Former CBS producer Robert “Joe” Halderman, 52, began a six month prison term today for attempting to extort money from talk show host David Letterman last fall, the Associated Press reports. In March, Halderman pleaded guilty to attempted grand larceny after demanding $2 million from Letterman in exchange for keeping quiet about the TV stars’ extramarital affairs. In addition to jail time, Halderman’s sentence also includes 1,000 hours of community service.
Posted May 4 2010 — 4:25 PM EDT
- Kanye West: 'Things are going better,' says Ryan Seacrest
- Patton Oswalt opens up about being a single father after wife's death
- Matthew Broderick debuts his very own Donald Trump impression
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen make for ultimate Charades team
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big