Get ready for a lot of Lost on May 23: The series finale will expand to two-and-a-half hours from the originally scheduled two hours. The news, which was first posted on the website of the Hollywood Reporter, was confirmed to EW.com by a source close to the show. The official announcement was made on Tuesday night’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! The Lost finale, which was to have aired from 9 to 11 p.m., will now extend until 11:30 p.m. A total of five-and-a-half hours of Lost programming will be broadcast on that Sunday night: A two-hour retrospective special/clip show, Lost: The Final Journey, will precede the finale, from 7 to 9 p.m.; Jimmy Kimmel Live!: Aloha to Lost will run after the finale and local news, starting at 12:05 a.m.
Posted May 4 2010 — 11:29 PM EDT
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!