Get ready for a lot of Lost on May 23: The series finale will expand to two-and-a-half hours from the originally scheduled two hours. The news, which was first posted on the website of the Hollywood Reporter, was confirmed to EW.com by a source close to the show. The official announcement was made on Tuesday night’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! The Lost finale, which was to have aired from 9 to 11 p.m., will now extend until 11:30 p.m. A total of five-and-a-half hours of Lost programming will be broadcast on that Sunday night: A two-hour retrospective special/clip show, Lost: The Final Journey, will precede the finale, from 7 to 9 p.m.; Jimmy Kimmel Live!: Aloha to Lost will run after the finale and local news, starting at 12:05 a.m.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- 'Daily Show': Trevor Noah's name floats as possible host; get a quick intro to his work
- Jerry Seinfeld on Wale: 'He's got that true artistic spirit'
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys': Ramse arc 'planned from first minute'
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!