Ben Macintyre follows 2007’s Agent Zigzag with Operation Mincemeat, another true WWII tale that reads like something by Ian Fleming. In fact, two of Fleming’s fellow British intelligence officers hatched the title operation. They dressed a corpse in uniform and arranged for it to wash up on a Nazi-friendly stretch of the Spanish coast bearing a suitcase with false war plans. Against all odds, Operation Mincemeat succeeded — and helped convince the Germans that the Allies planned to invade Sardinia and Greece in 1943? instead of their real target, Sicily. Relying on a cache of once-classified documents, Macintyre provides the fullest account yet of this curious episode and enlivens his yarn with quirky details. B+
Operation MincemeatBen Macintyre follows 2007's Agent Zigzag with Operation Mincemeat, another true WWII tale that reads like something by Ian...Operation MincemeatHistorical Fiction, NonfictionBen MacintyreBen Macintyre follows 2007's Agent Zigzag with Operation Mincemeat, another true WWII tale that reads like something by Ian...2010-05-05Harmony Books
Operation Mincemeat by Ben Macintyre
Genre: Historical Fiction, Nonfiction; Author: Ben Macintyre; Publisher: Harmony Books
Posted May 5 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!