Frank Frazetta, a fantasy artist best known for painting the covers of Robert E. Howard’s Conan the Barbarian books, died after suffering a stroke Sunday night in Fort Myers, Fla., according to the Associated Press. He was 82. Frazetta, who illustrated over 150 books and comic books as well as movie posters for films like What’s New Pussycat? and the covers of several Molly Hatchet albums, was the subject of the 2003 documentary Frazetta: Painting With Fire.
Posted May 10 2010 — 7:37 PM EDT
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big