Actress Charlotte Lewis, 42, has accused Roman Polanski of sexually abusing her in Paris when she was 16 years old, the Associated Press reports. At a press conference, Lewis claimed the molestation took place while she was working on 1982’s Pirates. The AP reports prosecutors in Los Angeles have met with Lewis, but would not comment further. The director is currently under house arrest in Switzerland and is battling efforts to have him extradited to the United States for a 1977 rape charge. Polanski’s lawyer has not immediately responded to EW’s call for comment.
Posted May 14 2010 — 4:22 PM EDT
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big