this afternoon that Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice exec producer Shonda Rhimes will be even busier this fall, now that her medical drama Off the Map was picked up by ABC. Starring Enrique Murciano (Without a Trace), Jason George (Grey’s), Caroline Dhavernas (Wonderfalls), and Martin Henderson, Map follows a team of medical professionals who start work at a tropical island clinic. It will be interesting to see how this series pans out – I remain a dedicated Grey’s fan (yes, even through the dark days of Gizzie and ghost sex), but I’ve never really gotten into Private Practice. Here’s hoping a third round of meds won’t represent diminishing returns. But, hey, if anyone can pull three medical dramas off, Rhimes can, right? And shouldn’t every series be set on a tropical island? EW’s Michael Ausiello reported
Posted May 14 2010 — 6:27 PM EDT
- How ABBA (and that ‘Waterloo’ scene) made it into 'Muriel’s Wedding'
- First look of 'Big Brother' contestants on 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- Mark Hamill denies flubbing Leia's name in 'Star Wars'
- Quentin Tarantino: Black critics 'have to deal with me'
- Keegan-Michael Key and Ray Liotta to guest-star on 'Modern Family'
- Shock Treatment: Match the surprising plots with the twists
- We Called It! We Blew It! What EW critics got right and wrong
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6
- Cast Reunions: See Costars Then And Now