this afternoon that Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice exec producer Shonda Rhimes will be even busier this fall, now that her medical drama Off the Map was picked up by ABC. Starring Enrique Murciano (Without a Trace), Jason George (Grey’s), Caroline Dhavernas (Wonderfalls), and Martin Henderson, Map follows a team of medical professionals who start work at a tropical island clinic. It will be interesting to see how this series pans out – I remain a dedicated Grey’s fan (yes, even through the dark days of Gizzie and ghost sex), but I’ve never really gotten into Private Practice. Here’s hoping a third round of meds won’t represent diminishing returns. But, hey, if anyone can pull three medical dramas off, Rhimes can, right? And shouldn’t every series be set on a tropical island? EW’s Michael Ausiello reported
Posted May 14 2010 — 6:27 PM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!