Drawing on their own askew childhood for inspiration, filmmaking brothers Josh and Benny Safdie cast grunge-hipster fellow filmmaker Ronald Bronstein (Frownland) as Lennie, a childish New York City dad who gets custody of his two young boys for two weeks — which may be 13 days too many. A disconcertingly jumpy tale of breathtakingly crummy parenting, the windblown movie dares a tolerant audience not to call Child Services. Sage and Frey Renaldo, sons of Sonic Youth’s Lee Ranaldo, play Lennie’s kids with hipster-child authenticity. C+
DADDY LONGLEGS Ronald Bronstein as Lenny and Frey Renaldo as Frey
Starring: Ronald Bronstein; Director: Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie; Author: Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie; Runtime (in minutes): 100
Posted May 17 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!