Drawing on their own askew childhood for inspiration, filmmaking brothers Josh and Benny Safdie cast grunge-hipster fellow filmmaker Ronald Bronstein (Frownland) as Lennie, a childish New York City dad who gets custody of his two young boys for two weeks — which may be 13 days too many. A disconcertingly jumpy tale of breathtakingly crummy parenting, the windblown movie dares a tolerant audience not to call Child Services. Sage and Frey Renaldo, sons of Sonic Youth’s Lee Ranaldo, play Lennie’s kids with hipster-child authenticity. C+
DADDY LONGLEGS Ronald Bronstein as Lenny and Frey Renaldo as Frey
Starring: Ronald Bronstein; Director: Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie; Author: Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie; Release Date Limited: 05/14/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 100
Posted May 17 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead': Ezekiel speaks! Khary Payton gives first interview
- John Oliver responds to 'Gilmore Girls' teaser, Tim Kaine's DNC speech
- Venice Film Festival 2016 lineup includes Natalie Portman's 'Jackie'
- Cara Delevingne and Dave Franco give James Corden new eyebrows
- Kanye West compares life to 'Meet the Parents' in new interview
- Cara Delevingne and Dave Franco Drop the Mic with James Corden
- The inhabitants of Alice’s Wonderland, ranked
- 'Alice in Wonderland': Witticisms and Wisdom From the Disney Classic
- 'John Tucker Must Die': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?