Drawing on their own askew childhood for inspiration, filmmaking brothers Josh and Benny Safdie cast grunge-hipster fellow filmmaker Ronald Bronstein (Frownland) as Lennie, a childish New York City dad who gets custody of his two young boys for two weeks — which may be 13 days too many. A disconcertingly jumpy tale of breathtakingly crummy parenting, the windblown movie dares a tolerant audience not to call Child Services. Sage and Frey Renaldo, sons of Sonic Youth’s Lee Ranaldo, play Lennie’s kids with hipster-child authenticity. C+
DADDY LONGLEGS Ronald Bronstein as Lenny and Frey Renaldo as Frey
Starring: Ronald Bronstein; Director: Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie; Author: Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie; Release Date Limited: 05/14/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 100
Posted May 17 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama explains what's funny, not funny about Trump
- Seth Meyers mocks Trump's Gettysburg address
- Tom Hanks asks Zoltar from 'Big' for yet another wish
- What to Watch Tuesday: 'This Is Us' goes to the Super Bowl (sort of)
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'