Drawing on their own askew childhood for inspiration, filmmaking brothers Josh and Benny Safdie cast grunge-hipster fellow filmmaker Ronald Bronstein (Frownland) as Lennie, a childish New York City dad who gets custody of his two young boys for two weeks — which may be 13 days too many. A disconcertingly jumpy tale of breathtakingly crummy parenting, the windblown movie dares a tolerant audience not to call Child Services. Sage and Frey Renaldo, sons of Sonic Youth’s Lee Ranaldo, play Lennie’s kids with hipster-child authenticity. C+
DADDY LONGLEGS Ronald Bronstein as Lenny and Frey Renaldo as Frey
Starring: Ronald Bronstein; Director: Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie; Author: Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie; Runtime (in minutes): 100
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More