Drawing on their own askew childhood for inspiration, filmmaking brothers Josh and Benny Safdie cast grunge-hipster fellow filmmaker Ronald Bronstein (Frownland) as Lennie, a childish New York City dad who gets custody of his two young boys for two weeks — which may be 13 days too many. A disconcertingly jumpy tale of breathtakingly crummy parenting, the windblown movie dares a tolerant audience not to call Child Services. Sage and Frey Renaldo, sons of Sonic Youth’s Lee Ranaldo, play Lennie’s kids with hipster-child authenticity. C+
DADDY LONGLEGS Ronald Bronstein as Lenny and Frey Renaldo as Frey
Starring: Ronald Bronstein; Director: Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie; Author: Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie; Runtime (in minutes): 100
Posted May 17 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!