Flight of the Conchords would not return for a third season on HBO, “play a bad guy in Men in Black III” was not the first thing that came to mind. But according to the Hollywood Reporter and Deadline’s Mike Fleming, that’s in the works, and frankly, it’s a pretty flippin’ good idea. Clement – who next stars with Steve Carell in Dinner For Schmucks – will follow in the footsteps of Vincent D’Onofrio’s bug and Lara Flynn Boyle’s alien Serleena as the MIBIII villain Boris, which THR says is described as “charmy and creepy at the same time.” (Are there two traits Clement is better suited to simultaneously manifest than “charmy and creepy”?) Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are already on board for the threequel, and Josh Brolin is playing a young version of Jones’ character (most of the movie takes place in 1969). The plot is under wraps and there’s more casting on the way (how about Bret McKenzie as a villain who’s ”meek and spazztastically funky at the same time”?), but with the addition of the Hiphopopotamus, this is looking to be a fun summer 2012 popcorn flick. Right, PopWatchers?In thinking what Jemaine Clement should do when we learned
Posted May 19 2010 — 7:11 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters