Flight of the Conchords would not return for a third season on HBO, “play a bad guy in Men in Black III” was not the first thing that came to mind. But according to the Hollywood Reporter and Deadline’s Mike Fleming, that’s in the works, and frankly, it’s a pretty flippin’ good idea. Clement – who next stars with Steve Carell in Dinner For Schmucks – will follow in the footsteps of Vincent D’Onofrio’s bug and Lara Flynn Boyle’s alien Serleena as the MIBIII villain Boris, which THR says is described as “charmy and creepy at the same time.” (Are there two traits Clement is better suited to simultaneously manifest than “charmy and creepy”?) Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are already on board for the threequel, and Josh Brolin is playing a young version of Jones’ character (most of the movie takes place in 1969). The plot is under wraps and there’s more casting on the way (how about Bret McKenzie as a villain who’s ”meek and spazztastically funky at the same time”?), but with the addition of the Hiphopopotamus, this is looking to be a fun summer 2012 popcorn flick. Right, PopWatchers?In thinking what Jemaine Clement should do when we learned
Posted January 18 2015 — 9:47 AM EST
- Jason Sudeikis looks back at 'SNL' and ahead towards 'Fletch'
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!