On paper, Tim Burton would appear to be the ideal guy to adapt Lewis Carroll’s trippy tale for the big screen. Sadly, he gets lost down his own rabbit hole of eye-candy quirk. Alice in Wonderland is a gorgeous mess. Even Johnny Depp, who ? rarely disappoints, seems like he’s frantically pulling out tricks and tics from his other (better) Burton collaborations: ? a dose of Scissorhands, a dash of Wonka. Honestly, there’s just too much of everything…except ? EXTRAS. The standard DVD has three slight featurettes — the best shows off Depp’s watercolor sketches of the Mad Hatter. The Blu-ray serves up profiles of each of the main characters and a deeper behind-the-scenes look at the production. C
ALICE IN WONDERLAND The interior designer had a thing for rouge
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Johnny Depp, Mia Wasikowska, Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway; Director: Tim Burton; Author: Linda Woolverton; Release Date Wide: 03/05/2010; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted May 26 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Salma Hayek on Donald Trump: 'I cannot be insulted by stupidity'
- Learn the story behind National Lampoon in 'Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead' trailer
- 'This Is Me': Watch the Emmy-nominated docuseries right here
- Alicia Keys returns with '28 Thousand Days'
- Jon Stewart reveals his final three 'Daily Show' guests
- 'Key & Peele' have a very 'awkward' conversation about pop-culture opinions
- Starz boss scolds TV critics over HBO 'feud': 'Shame ... behave yourselves'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!