Kites has one dance number staged in the chop-chop style of a bad ’80s music video, but the latest Bollywood import isn’t a musical. It’s a romantic noir chase thriller made in the violently schlocky spirit of Sam Peckinpah’s The Getaway. Jay Ray (Hrithik Roshan), a Vegas hustler who looks like Ryan Gosling crossed with Prince, weds the hot-blooded Mexican Natasha (Bárbara Mori) to get her a green card. They swoon; he must then rescue her from becoming the moll of a casino gangster. The pulp is served thick, with so much sincerely purple passion it’s disarming. B-
HELLO, MY LOVE Barbara Mori and Hrithik Roshan in Kites
Genre: Romance, Action/Adventure; Release Date Wide: 05/21/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 130; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted May 26 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt