Kites has one dance number staged in the chop-chop style of a bad ’80s music video, but the latest Bollywood import isn’t a musical. It’s a romantic noir chase thriller made in the violently schlocky spirit of Sam Peckinpah’s The Getaway. Jay Ray (Hrithik Roshan), a Vegas hustler who looks like Ryan Gosling crossed with Prince, weds the hot-blooded Mexican Natasha (Bárbara Mori) to get her a green card. They swoon; he must then rescue her from becoming the moll of a casino gangster. The pulp is served thick, with so much sincerely purple passion it’s disarming. B-
HELLO, MY LOVE Barbara Mori and Hrithik Roshan in Kites
Genre: Romance, Action/Adventure; Release Date Wide: 05/21/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 130; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted May 26 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Weird Al portray Jesus Christ in a silent film
- Lionsgate developing 'Now You See Me 3'
- First look: Danny Trejo joins 'From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series'
- New 'Magic Mike XXL' poster is all about the abs
- J.K. Rowling—er, Robert Galbraith—is editing the latest Cormoran Strike novel
- 'World War Z' sequel set for 2017 release
- 'Human Centipede 3': What disgusting prop did the director take home?
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!