Kites has one dance number staged in the chop-chop style of a bad ’80s music video, but the latest Bollywood import isn’t a musical. It’s a romantic noir chase thriller made in the violently schlocky spirit of Sam Peckinpah’s The Getaway. Jay Ray (Hrithik Roshan), a Vegas hustler who looks like Ryan Gosling crossed with Prince, weds the hot-blooded Mexican Natasha (Bárbara Mori) to get her a green card. They swoon; he must then rescue her from becoming the moll of a casino gangster. The pulp is served thick, with so much sincerely purple passion it’s disarming. B-
HELLO, MY LOVE Barbara Mori and Hrithik Roshan in Kites
Genre: Romance, Action/Adventure; Release Date Wide: 05/21/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 130; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Wilco protests Indiana law, nixes concert
- Oxygen, Esquire Network partner on companion series 'Living With Funny,' 'Comedians of L.A.'
- 'The Flash': Mark Hamill on reprising Trickster role, bringing out epic 'Star Wars' nod
- Disney eyes live-action 'Mulan' film
- Trans stories find a home on reality TV following Orange is the New Black, Transparent success
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!