Here’s another set of strummy beachside ballads from the most successful surf bum in history. Like 2008’s Sleep Through the Static, To the Sea has some introspective moments. (”Pictures of People Taking Pictures”? Deep, dude.) Mostly, though, Jack Johnson stays in the shallow end. ”Aw, baby, those are such great shoes,” he sings on ”At or With Me.” Wait, what does he know about shoes? B
PEOPLE WATCHING Jack Johnson (Hilary Walsh)
Posted May 26 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel