Here’s another set of strummy beachside ballads from the most successful surf bum in history. Like 2008’s Sleep Through the Static, To the Sea has some introspective moments. (”Pictures of People Taking Pictures”? Deep, dude.) Mostly, though, Jack Johnson stays in the shallow end. ”Aw, baby, those are such great shoes,” he sings on ”At or With Me.” Wait, what does he know about shoes? B
PEOPLE WATCHING Jack Johnson (Hilary Walsh)
Posted May 26 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Weird Al portray Jesus Christ in a silent film
- Lionsgate developing 'Now You See Me 3'
- Danny Trejo joins 'From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series': First Look
- New 'Magic Mike XXL' poster is all about the abs
- J.K. Rowling—er, Robert Galbraith—is editing the latest Cormoran Strike novel
- 'World War Z' sequel set for 2017 release
- 'Human Centipede 3': What disgusting prop did the director take home?
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!