Midnight shows are not just for fanboys. Female audiences came out in droves last night for the first showings of highly-anticipated sequel to Sex and the City. The opening take was up 20 percent from 2008’s midnight debut of $2.5 million. That bodes well for a strong showing this weekend against Disney’s Prince of Persia. Should the momentum continue, Sex and the City 2 should surpass the original, which also bowed on Memorial Day weekend to $57 million.
Posted May 27 2010 — 2:19 PM EDT
- Dwayne Johnson has been milking his 'Sexiest Man Alive' title at home
- Kirk Douglas celebrates 100th birthday with lavish party
- Kesha delivers emotional 'Billboard' Trailblazer award speech
- Dwayne Johnson surprises military family and makes Jimmy Fallon cry
- Kids explain the story of Christmas for Jimmy Kimmel
- 'Rogue One' director says he stole the Death Star plans from set
- Trump slams 'Apprentice' producing reports as 'rediculous'