Reuters reports that Idol creator Simon Fuller and an investor group made a $600 million takeover bid for CKX Inc., the corporation that owns the rights to the Idol television brand, among other intellectual properties. CKX’s founder Robert Sillerman had resigned as chief executive and chairman on May 7.
Posted May 28 2010 — 6:52 PM EDT
- Sluggish Fourth of July boxoffice no picnic for Hollywood
- Michael Fassbender is the Dude for upcoming 'Big Lebowski' live read in Montreal
- ESPN pulls golf tourney off Trump course
- Jerry Weintraub, veteran Hollywood producer, dies at 77
- Bill Cosby said in '05 deposition he acquired drugs to give women for sex
- Exclusive 'Royal Pains' clip: Hank is suspicious of Evan and Boris
- LeBron James will premiere Amy Schumer's Trainwreck in Akron
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!