Variety is reporting that the producers of the Academy Award-winning The Hurt Locker have filed a copyright infringement suit against potentially 5,000 people who may have illegally downloaded the movie through P2P networks. The suit was filed in the U.S. District Court in Washington and is a first step in finding the names of the people who may have downloaded the film.
Posted May 28 2010 — 4:31 PM EDT
- Spotify reveals most streamed artist of the year
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'