Variety is reporting that the producers of the Academy Award-winning The Hurt Locker have filed a copyright infringement suit against potentially 5,000 people who may have illegally downloaded the movie through P2P networks. The suit was filed in the U.S. District Court in Washington and is a first step in finding the names of the people who may have downloaded the film.
Posted May 28 2010 — 4:31 PM EDT
- Lamar Odom hospitalized in Las Vegas
- E! is going to spin off 'Botched'
- 'iZombie' boss on Major's downward spiral
- 'Manhattan': Ashley Zukerman on the atom bomb drama's explosive Season 2
- There's a Will Ferrell-themed bar in New York
- 'The Flash' postmortem: Scoop on those surprise returns, Stein's fiery condition
- Miley Cyrus and the Flaming Lips are planning a completely naked show (fans, too)
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6