yesterday, the actor will be appearing in front of a board of county commissioners to talk about derogatory comments made towards New Mexico during a Rolling Stone interview. Craziness! (Some people take issue to his comment claiming 80 percent of “the people in my county are drunk,” meaning Kilmer lives in the MOST FUN COUNTY EVER.) But this is hardly the first time the actor has had a run-in with the bizarre. After the jump, check out some of the most, er, interesting moments in Kilmer’s professional life. At least he managed to avoid George Clooney’s nipple Batman suit?Look at Val Kilmer. He looks bewildered, no? Perhaps that’s because, as we learned
- He once considered running for governor of New Mexico, probably because 80 percent of the county would throw a great party if he won.
- Kilmer learned he had landed the part of Batman in Batman Forever…while in an actual batcave doing research for another movie.
- Tombstone’s first director Kevin Jarre told EW that in the middle of a conversation on the set one day, the actor grabbed a locust from a stand-in and ate it. “He said to me, ‘As you know, I have a reputation for being difficult. But only with stupid people,”’ Jarre said.
- Kilmer once played Moses in The Ten Commandments: The Musical, which was produced by BCBG founder Max Azria. Wait, what?
- He voiced K.I.T.T. in the TV pilot reboot of Knight Rider, and maybe (probably not) ate a cheeseburger with David Hasselhoff afterwards.
- He starred in a film called American Cowslip, which is apparently a flowering plant, and not a sexy outfit for bovine.
- Speaking of, Kilmer raises bison.
Well, I loved Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, didn’t you?