If the phrase ”From the producer of Garfield” doesn?t scare you off, then step right up. Based on another long-lived Sunday funny, Marmaduke is more of the same: a toddler-targeted comedy about a furry ball of id (in this case, a Great Dane voiced by Owen Wilson) who runs amok around his loving owners (played here with self-loathing cheer by Lee Pace and Judy Greer). An afterthought of a plot ships the family from Kansas to the O.C., offering SoCal set pieces — like a doggie surfing contest — to spackle the few gaps between big-dog-small-world jokes. C-
WAH WAH Lee Pace doesn't look too happy about Marmaduke (Joseph Lederer)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Judy Greer, Owen Wilson, William H. Macy; Director: Tom Dey; Author: Vince Di Meglio, Tim Rasmussen; Release Date Wide: 06/04/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 87; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 4 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?