If the phrase ”From the producer of Garfield” doesn?t scare you off, then step right up. Based on another long-lived Sunday funny, Marmaduke is more of the same: a toddler-targeted comedy about a furry ball of id (in this case, a Great Dane voiced by Owen Wilson) who runs amok around his loving owners (played here with self-loathing cheer by Lee Pace and Judy Greer). An afterthought of a plot ships the family from Kansas to the O.C., offering SoCal set pieces — like a doggie surfing contest — to spackle the few gaps between big-dog-small-world jokes. C-
WAH WAH Lee Pace doesn't look too happy about Marmaduke (Joseph Lederer)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Judy Greer, Owen Wilson, William H. Macy; Director: Tom Dey; Author: Vince Di Meglio, Tim Rasmussen; Release Date Wide: 06/04/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 87; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 4 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Trent Reznor: Apple Music is like going to a record store
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'