We laugh at them. We quote them at will. We love them more than we do some of our own family members. They are, of course, the truly iconic characters in pop culture, and in the current issue of EW, we celebrate the heck out of them with our list of the 100 Greatest Characters of the Last 20 Years, featuring quotes from the men and women who brought these creations to life. In addition to picking up a copy of the issue, check out the following video, in which Jeff Jensen and I pay tribute to honorees including Homer Simpson, Sydney Bristow, Jack Bauer, Don Draper, and a guy we may have talked about once or twice on Totally Lost: John Locke. (By the way, we’ll keep you posted when the final Totally Lost is ready to post.) You’ll also hear Glee’s Jane Lynch and 30 Rock’s Tracy Morgan talk about their onscreen alter egos. After you watch the video, do some role playing of your own and tell us: Who are your favorite characters of the last 20 years?
Posted June 7 2010 — 5:21 PM EDT
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- Casting Net: Leonardo DiCaprio to play multiple personalities in The Crowded Room
- Blood, Next, Heaven, and more ambiguous film titles that confuse Google