We laugh at them. We quote them at will. We love them more than we do some of our own family members. They are, of course, the truly iconic characters in pop culture, and in the current issue of EW, we celebrate the heck out of them with our list of the 100 Greatest Characters of the Last 20 Years, featuring quotes from the men and women who brought these creations to life. In addition to picking up a copy of the issue, check out the following video, in which Jeff Jensen and I pay tribute to honorees including Homer Simpson, Sydney Bristow, Jack Bauer, Don Draper, and a guy we may have talked about once or twice on Totally Lost: John Locke. (By the way, we’ll keep you posted when the final Totally Lost is ready to post.) You’ll also hear Glee’s Jane Lynch and 30 Rock’s Tracy Morgan talk about their onscreen alter egos. After you watch the video, do some role playing of your own and tell us: Who are your favorite characters of the last 20 years?
Posted June 7 2010 — 5:21 PM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters