These New Brunswick, N.J., boys have a big jones for Springsteen, which explains why American Slang’s filled with streetlights and freight trains and American girls. But they reclaim the Boss’ working-class desperation for punks. With shouted-till-we’re-hoarse vocals, taut guitars, and a grizzled demeanor that suggests too many night shifts, they’ve got Garden State attitude down. B+
American SlangThese New Brunswick, N.J., boys have a big jones for Springsteen, which explains why American Slang's filled with streetlights and...American SlangRockThese New Brunswick, N.J., boys have a big jones for Springsteen, which explains why American Slang's filled with streetlights and...2010-06-09
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Anne of Green Gables' star Jonathan Crombie dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage spotlight: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!