These New Brunswick, N.J., boys have a big jones for Springsteen, which explains why American Slang’s filled with streetlights and freight trains and American girls. But they reclaim the Boss’ working-class desperation for punks. With shouted-till-we’re-hoarse vocals, taut guitars, and a grizzled demeanor that suggests too many night shifts, they’ve got Garden State attitude down. B+
American SlangThese New Brunswick, N.J., boys have a big jones for Springsteen, which explains why American Slang's filled with streetlights and...American SlangRockThese New Brunswick, N.J., boys have a big jones for Springsteen, which explains why American Slang's filled with streetlights and...2010-06-09
Posted June 9 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dancing stormtroopers do 'Dirty Dancing' on 'Britain’s Got Talent'
- Jeremy Irons says 'Batman v Superman' was 'overstuffed'
- 'Jessica Jones' star David Tennant ponders superhero bathroom breaks
- 'X-Men' fans try to get into Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
- 'Begin Again' director John Carney criticizes Keira Knightley's acting
- Britney Spears does the dab with her sons
- Cara Delevingne goes sci-fi in new 'Valerian' set photo
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers