These New Brunswick, N.J., boys have a big jones for Springsteen, which explains why American Slang’s filled with streetlights and freight trains and American girls. But they reclaim the Boss’ working-class desperation for punks. With shouted-till-we’re-hoarse vocals, taut guitars, and a grizzled demeanor that suggests too many night shifts, they’ve got Garden State attitude down. B+
American SlangThese New Brunswick, N.J., boys have a big jones for Springsteen, which explains why American Slang's filled with streetlights and...American SlangRockThese New Brunswick, N.J., boys have a big jones for Springsteen, which explains why American Slang's filled with streetlights and...2010-06-09
Posted June 9 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'A Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in car crash
- 'Turn' sneak peek: Washington meets Lafayette
- Chris Pratt: Why I'm ready to get away from Hollywood
- Matt Damon in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian': First Look
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!