Sweet and Wild is Jewel’s second album in her cowgirl guise, following her ’90s sensitive-folkie phase and her unfortunate turn as a dance-pop diva. The pedal steel and fiddle sound like add-ons designed to get her played on country radio, and a few of the melodies could’ve been hijacked from a Nashville jingles factory. But there’s some moving midlife melancholy beneath the surface, especially on the startling ”Fading.” B?
Sweet and WildSweet and Wild is Jewel's second album in her cowgirl guise, following her '90s sensitive-folkie phase and her unfortunate turn as a...Sweet and WildCountrySweet and Wild is Jewel's second album in her cowgirl guise, following her '90s sensitive-folkie phase and her unfortunate turn as a...2010-06-09
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Jewel
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst reminds everyone he is not Robert Durst
- See Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool... on a bearskin rug
- Julia Louis-Dreyfuss dishes about her new 'Veep' hairdo
- Matthew McConaughey to star in The Billionaire's Vinegar
- See the cover and an excerpt from E.K. Johnston's upcoming novel 'A Thousand Nights' -- exclusive
- Kat Dahlia teases 'I Think I'm In Love' video
- 'Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun previews season finale
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!