Sweet and Wild is Jewel’s second album in her cowgirl guise, following her ’90s sensitive-folkie phase and her unfortunate turn as a dance-pop diva. The pedal steel and fiddle sound like add-ons designed to get her played on country radio, and a few of the melodies could’ve been hijacked from a Nashville jingles factory. But there’s some moving midlife melancholy beneath the surface, especially on the startling ”Fading.” B?
Sweet and WildSweet and Wild is Jewel's second album in her cowgirl guise, following her '90s sensitive-folkie phase and her unfortunate turn as a...Sweet and WildCountrySweet and Wild is Jewel's second album in her cowgirl guise, following her '90s sensitive-folkie phase and her unfortunate turn as a...2010-06-09
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Jewel
Posted June 9 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- El-P on 'Meow the Jewels': 'Let's fight injustice with pure, annoying stupidity'
- Demi Lovato, The Weeknd announced as 'SNL' musical guests
- ‘Concussion’ director: Film not ‘intended to take down the NFL’
- 'SNL' announces Miley Cyrus will be musical guest for season premiere
- There is no new novel in Harper Lee's deposit box, despite rumors
- Whedon fave on 'Bloodsucking Bastards' (and why he wants to be killed by Thor)
- Syfy renews 'Dark Matter' and 'Killjoys' for second seasons
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!