Sweet and Wild is Jewel’s second album in her cowgirl guise, following her ’90s sensitive-folkie phase and her unfortunate turn as a dance-pop diva. The pedal steel and fiddle sound like add-ons designed to get her played on country radio, and a few of the melodies could’ve been hijacked from a Nashville jingles factory. But there’s some moving midlife melancholy beneath the surface, especially on the startling ”Fading.” B?
Sweet and WildSweet and Wild is Jewel's second album in her cowgirl guise, following her '90s sensitive-folkie phase and her unfortunate turn as a...Sweet and WildCountrySweet and Wild is Jewel's second album in her cowgirl guise, following her '90s sensitive-folkie phase and her unfortunate turn as a...2010-06-09
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Jewel
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!