Sweet and Wild is Jewel’s second album in her cowgirl guise, following her ’90s sensitive-folkie phase and her unfortunate turn as a dance-pop diva. The pedal steel and fiddle sound like add-ons designed to get her played on country radio, and a few of the melodies could’ve been hijacked from a Nashville jingles factory. But there’s some moving midlife melancholy beneath the surface, especially on the startling ”Fading.” B?
Sweet and WildSweet and Wild is Jewel's second album in her cowgirl guise, following her '90s sensitive-folkie phase and her unfortunate turn as a...Sweet and WildCountrySweet and Wild is Jewel's second album in her cowgirl guise, following her '90s sensitive-folkie phase and her unfortunate turn as a...2010-06-09
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Jewel
Posted June 9 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First trailer for Zoolander 2 asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- NFL legend Jerry Rice heads to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!