A Visit from the Goon Squad, the latest from Jennifer Egan (The Invisible Circus, The Keep), is centered, nominally, on the aging owner of an independent? record label and his comely, kleptomania-prone assistant. But it is in fact a frequently dazzling piece of layer-cake meta-fiction, told via a sprawling constellation of characters and linked vignettes that spill from the late-’70s Bay Area punk scene to the African plains, the dissolute slums of Naples, and the flush New York suburbs of the ’90s boom. Egan’s expert flaying of human foibles has the compulsive allure of poking at a sore tooth: excruciating but exhilarating, too. A?
A Visit from the Goon SquadA Visit from the Goon Squad, the latest from Jennifer Egan (The Invisible Circus, The Keep), is centered, nominally, on...A Visit from the Goon SquadFictionJennifer EganA Visit from the Goon Squad, the latest from Jennifer Egan (The Invisible Circus, The Keep), is centered, nominally, on...2010-06-09Knopf
A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jennifer Egan; Publisher: Knopf
Posted June 9 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- 'Ray Donovan' season 3: Watch the brooding trailer
- Kelly Rutherford: Judge blocks kids' return
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!