Out of an unlikely confluence of art and sex — the legendary couturier had an affair with Stravinsky in 1920 while the brilliant composer, his wife, and his kids lived in Chanel’s country villa — comes a fussy, artsy, movie-fied imagining. In Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky, the costumes are gorgeous; the music is The Rite of Spring, ? including an interesting re-creation of the riot that ensued at the first performance in 1913. But the movie, by Dutch director Jan Kounen, is all surfaces, set pieces, Significant Looks, and voguing — the same strictures Chanel and Stravinsky sought to bust. C
LOVE AFFAIR The adulterous couple in Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky (Regine Abadia)
Genre: Historical, Biography; Starring: Mads Mikkelsen, Anna Mouglalis; Director: Jan Kounen; Release Date Limited: 06/11/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 115; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted June 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Democratic Party approves of Kanye West's presidential run
- Broadway-bound 'SpongeBob' musical to premiering in Chicago
- 'Drunk History' season 3 scoop: Will Ferrell as Roald Dahl and more
- One Direction producer previews new 1D album: 'We're experimenting a little'
- Rachel Bilson, Autumn Reeser stage 'O.C.' reunion at 'Unauthorized O.C. Musical'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' ratings dip to still-huge numbers
- Kylie Jenner stars in Tyga's new music video for 'Stimulated'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!