Though Cyrus is the first studio-financed feature from codirecting brothers Jay and Mark Duplass (Baghead), the duo still worked indie-style, with long takes and the actors improvising most of their dialogue. ”I’ve done a lot of improvisation in the past but never to this degree,” admits John C. Reilly. ”There were days where we literally didn’t know what we were doing because it needed to reveal itself to everybody.”
Posted June 18 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Relive Hillary Clinton dancing to the 'Macarena' at the 1996 DNC
- 'Bad Boys 3' director to write 'Uncharted' movie adaptation
- Sony deletes 'Ghostbusters' tweet congratulating Hillary Clinton
- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child': Bookstores prepare release parties
- Did 'The Vampire Diaries' just cast Matt Donovan's dad?
- 'Sharknado 4' director teases Tara Reid return and even more jokes
- Orlando Bloom joins Andy Samberg HBO mockumentary 'Tour de Pharmacy'