Though Cyrus is the first studio-financed feature from codirecting brothers Jay and Mark Duplass (Baghead), the duo still worked indie-style, with long takes and the actors improvising most of their dialogue. ”I’ve done a lot of improvisation in the past but never to this degree,” admits John C. Reilly. ”There were days where we literally didn’t know what we were doing because it needed to reveal itself to everybody.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Trans stories find a home on reality TV following Orange is the New Black, Transparent success
- 'Walking Dead': Lennie James explains Morgan's backstory
- 'Daredevil': 5 new character posters from Marvel's first Netflix show
- Eric Church, Kacey Musgraves to headline Willie Nelson's 4th of July picnic
- 'The Wiz' is NBC's next live musical, partnering with Cirque du Soleil
- 'Shadowhunters' gets series order from ABC Family
- 'Walking Dead': Its most-watched finale
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!