Though Cyrus is the first studio-financed feature from codirecting brothers Jay and Mark Duplass (Baghead), the duo still worked indie-style, with long takes and the actors improvising most of their dialogue. ”I’ve done a lot of improvisation in the past but never to this degree,” admits John C. Reilly. ”There were days where we literally didn’t know what we were doing because it needed to reveal itself to everybody.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis on present (two Tribeca films), past ('SNL'), and future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' dream sequence
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!