Though Cyrus is the first studio-financed feature from codirecting brothers Jay and Mark Duplass (Baghead), the duo still worked indie-style, with long takes and the actors improvising most of their dialogue. ”I’ve done a lot of improvisation in the past but never to this degree,” admits John C. Reilly. ”There were days where we literally didn’t know what we were doing because it needed to reveal itself to everybody.”
Posted June 18 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- Fear the Walking Dead producers reveal how much time season 1 will cover
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- Patrick Stewart on cocaine is hilarious in 'Blunt Talk' trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!