The federal government has outlined a new plan for enforcing anti-piracy legislation, The Hollywood Reporter reports. At the announcement today, Vice President Joe Biden commented, “To state it very bluntly, piracy hurts. It hurts our economy, our health, and our safety.” The plan coordinates federal efforts combating intellectual property infringement, including the creation of a new specialized task force within the Justice Department. A report also released on Tuesday tallied motion picture and video piracy as costing the U.S. $20.5 billion every year.
Posted June 22 2010 — 5:20 PM EDT
- Rob Kardashian's Twitter account shares Kylie Jenner's phone number
- Mary J. Blige interviewed Hillary Clinton for Apple Music
- Rob Lowe plays a pitiful undecided voter for Stephen Colbert
- Donald Trump: Miss Universe winner 'gained massive amount of weight'
- Seth Meyers reviews Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton's first debate
- Trevor Noah slams Donald Trump for taxes comment
- What To Watch Tuesday: Raise a glass to 'Drunk History'