The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has tapped film producer Bruce Cohen (American Beauty, Milk) and TV producer-director Don Mischer to produce the 83rd Academy Awards telecast, the organization announced Tuesday. Mischer will also direct the telecast, which will air Feb. 27, 2011, on ABC. This represents both men’s first involvement with the Oscar telecast.
Posted June 22 2010 — 9:26 PM EDT
- 'Criminal Minds': Thomas Gibson returns for premiere
- 'Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker to appear on '60 Minutes'
- Bon Iver played a surprise concert at Berlin hotel
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?