Marguerite (Sabine Azéma), a woman of a certain age, loses a wallet. Georges (André Dussollier), a gentleman of a certain age, finds it. And in the neurotic cha-cha involved in the item’s return, octogenarian filmmaker Alain Resnais (Last Year at Marienbad?) explores notions of chance, routine, the presentation of self, and the odd stuff that can occur when a man meets a woman, at any age. Wild Grass is itself odd stuff: Sometimes it’s as playful as Marguerite’s crayon-red corona of frizzy hair, and other times as autumnal as the sight of Georges alone in his study, feeling stuck. B+
HELLO, OLD FELLA! Mathieu Amalric, Andre Dussollier and Michel Vuillermoz talk it over in Wild Grass
Starring: Sabine Azema, Andre Dussollier, Mathieu Amalric; Director: Alain Resnais; Release Date Limited: 06/25/2010; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted June 23 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!