Amy Locane, who starred as Sandy on the ‘90s Fox soap Melrose Place for one season, was charged today with second-degree vehicular homicide in an alleged drunk driving accident in Montogomery, New Jersey, on Sunday night that killed one person and seriously injured another, the [Newark] Star-Ledger reports. The paper reports that Locane—who lives in Hopewell, New Jersey and uses her married name of Amy Locane-Bovenizer—crashed her SUV into another car that was pulling out of a driveway. The passenger of that vehicle was killed; the driver was airlifted to a hospital, where he remains in critical condition. Authorities told the Star-Ledger that Locane-Bovenizer admitted that she had consumed several glasses of wine that evening; they also allege that she was involved in a minor hit-and-run accident in Princeton, N.J., earlier that night, and that witnesses informed police that she drove away erratically from the scene, knocking over mailboxes. Bail has been set at $50,000. The Montgomery Township police department declined to comment to EW.com, referring the call to the prosecutor’s office, which is closed for the night. Locane’s film credits include Cry-Baby, School Ties, and Airheads.
Posted June 28 2010 — 9:20 PM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday