Amy Locane, who starred as Sandy on the ‘90s Fox soap Melrose Place for one season, was charged today with second-degree vehicular homicide in an alleged drunk driving accident in Montogomery, New Jersey, on Sunday night that killed one person and seriously injured another, the [Newark] Star-Ledger reports. The paper reports that Locane—who lives in Hopewell, New Jersey and uses her married name of Amy Locane-Bovenizer—crashed her SUV into another car that was pulling out of a driveway. The passenger of that vehicle was killed; the driver was airlifted to a hospital, where he remains in critical condition. Authorities told the Star-Ledger that Locane-Bovenizer admitted that she had consumed several glasses of wine that evening; they also allege that she was involved in a minor hit-and-run accident in Princeton, N.J., earlier that night, and that witnesses informed police that she drove away erratically from the scene, knocking over mailboxes. Bail has been set at $50,000. The Montgomery Township police department declined to comment to EW.com, referring the call to the prosecutor’s office, which is closed for the night. Locane’s film credits include Cry-Baby, School Ties, and Airheads.
Posted June 28 2010 — 9:20 PM EDT
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Derek Hough takes us behind the scenes before the show!
- Rush performs ‘Roll the Bones’ with a little help from their friends in 'R40 Live' concert film
- 'iZombie' taps Eddie Jemison as new villain
- Bjork is releasing an orchestral version of her last album 'Vulnicura'
- Nancy Drew series in the works from Grey's producers
- 'House of Lies' taps Wanda Sykes, Ken Marino for guest roles
- Fox is developing its own 'Dancing With the Stars,' but with regular people