The creator of the successful No. 1 Ladies’ ? Detective Agency series returns with a new cast of characters to love. Corduroy Mansions plops readers down on a worn mansion block in London’s bustling Pimlico neighborhood, floating easily between the dramas and comedies of its eccentric, endearing residents. (William, a wine merchant who yearns for his grown son to move out, is a particular delight.) Alexander McCall Smith is a writer of such fond, heartfelt geniality that at the end of this cozy read, fans will be grateful that the series has just begun. A?
Corduroy MansionsThe creator of the successful No. 1 Ladies' ? Detective Agency series returns with a new cast of characters to love. Corduroy MansionsCorduroy MansionsFictionAlexander McCall SmithThe creator of the successful No. 1 Ladies' ? Detective Agency series returns with a new cast of characters to love. Corduroy Mansions2010-06-30Pantheon
Corduroy Mansions by Alexander McCall Smith
Genre: Fiction; Author: Alexander McCall Smith; Publisher: Pantheon
Posted June 30 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taylor Swift may take break after '1989' tour
- Kendrick Lamar announces eight-date tour
- Ellen Pompeo dings Daniel Craig over Bond comments
- EW turns 25: See the stars wish us a happy birthday
- Joshua Malina & Scott Foley talk 'Paris Is Burning' in ‘Folina: A 'Scandal' Hangover Blog’
- Lena Dunham's mother was critical of her 'Scandal' performance
- Brie Larson and Jimmy Fallon play 'The Whisper Challenge' on 'The Tonight Show'