The creator of the successful No. 1 Ladies’ ? Detective Agency series returns with a new cast of characters to love. Corduroy Mansions plops readers down on a worn mansion block in London’s bustling Pimlico neighborhood, floating easily between the dramas and comedies of its eccentric, endearing residents. (William, a wine merchant who yearns for his grown son to move out, is a particular delight.) Alexander McCall Smith is a writer of such fond, heartfelt geniality that at the end of this cozy read, fans will be grateful that the series has just begun. A?
Corduroy MansionsThe creator of the successful No. 1 Ladies' ? Detective Agency series returns with a new cast of characters to love. Corduroy MansionsCorduroy MansionsFictionAlexander McCall SmithThe creator of the successful No. 1 Ladies' ? Detective Agency series returns with a new cast of characters to love. Corduroy Mansions2010-06-30Pantheon
Corduroy Mansions by Alexander McCall Smith
Genre: Fiction; Author: Alexander McCall Smith; Publisher: Pantheon
Posted June 30 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jimmy Fallon plays 'Family Feud' on 'The Tonight Show'
- One Direction fans' Summer of Struggles: a timeline
- 'Survivor: Second Chance': Woo says he won't make same epic mistake twice
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!