The creator of the successful No. 1 Ladies’ ? Detective Agency series returns with a new cast of characters to love. Corduroy Mansions plops readers down on a worn mansion block in London’s bustling Pimlico neighborhood, floating easily between the dramas and comedies of its eccentric, endearing residents. (William, a wine merchant who yearns for his grown son to move out, is a particular delight.) Alexander McCall Smith is a writer of such fond, heartfelt geniality that at the end of this cozy read, fans will be grateful that the series has just begun. A?
Corduroy MansionsThe creator of the successful No. 1 Ladies' ? Detective Agency series returns with a new cast of characters to love. Corduroy MansionsCorduroy MansionsFictionAlexander McCall SmithThe creator of the successful No. 1 Ladies' ? Detective Agency series returns with a new cast of characters to love. Corduroy Mansions2010-06-30Pantheon
Corduroy Mansions by Alexander McCall Smith
Genre: Fiction; Author: Alexander McCall Smith; Publisher: Pantheon
Posted June 30 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'