The creator of the successful No. 1 Ladies’ ? Detective Agency series returns with a new cast of characters to love. Corduroy Mansions plops readers down on a worn mansion block in London’s bustling Pimlico neighborhood, floating easily between the dramas and comedies of its eccentric, endearing residents. (William, a wine merchant who yearns for his grown son to move out, is a particular delight.) Alexander McCall Smith is a writer of such fond, heartfelt geniality that at the end of this cozy read, fans will be grateful that the series has just begun. A?
Corduroy MansionsThe creator of the successful No. 1 Ladies' ? Detective Agency series returns with a new cast of characters to love. Corduroy MansionsCorduroy MansionsFictionAlexander McCall SmithThe creator of the successful No. 1 Ladies' ? Detective Agency series returns with a new cast of characters to love. Corduroy Mansions2010-06-30Pantheon
Corduroy Mansions by Alexander McCall Smith
Genre: Fiction; Author: Alexander McCall Smith; Publisher: Pantheon
Posted June 30 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- John Grisham's 'The Whistler' Chapter 5
- Cher and James Corden update 'I Got You Babe' with modern lingo
- Mass Internet hack the butt of 'Black Mirror' viral marketing jokes
- Critical Mass: 'Moonlight' shines as one of the 2016's best-reviewed films
- 'Timeless': Ian Fleming channels James Bond, meets trio — exclusive clip
- Christian Slater channeled his inner Ethel Merman for 'King Cobra'
- Lady Gaga: 'Joanne' sealed my Super Bowl halftime show deal